Microsoft officially and proudly announced the second Service Pack for Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 a few days ago.
Included in this Update are all cumulative Updates as well as public updates after SP 1. This Service Pack 2 should remove some bugs and should improve the security and performance. It also improves working with IE 10, Windows 8
Download it from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2460045/en-us
- Improved support for Internet Explorer 9.
- Recycle bin: Lets you restore a site collection or a web that was deleted.
- Remote Backup Systems (RBS) and shallow copy can decrease downtime and increase efficiency by moving pointers to databases instead of moving databases.
- You can see which folders are taking up valuable space with the improved Storage Management feature in site settings.
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- A more robust Search Host Distribution service that improves error recovery and performance during the search crawl.
- Adds backup and restore functionality to recover deleted site collections and webs.
On the page there is also an issue list which issues should be removed.
I didn’t installed it yet, so please do not install it on a production system before you didn’t test it on your dev and staging system.
..:: I LIKE SHAREPOINT ::..The article or information provided here represents completely my own personal view & thought. It is recommended to test the content or scripts of the site in the lab, before making use in the production environment & use it completely at your own risk. The articles, scripts, suggestions or tricks published on the site are provided AS-IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
He is Consultant for SharePoint Solutions for collaboration, communication and business processes. He provides his customers applications based on standard features as well as development or combining the power of several microsoft tools like Dynamics CRM. In his free time he tries to collect tipps and worthy experience in this blog.