SharePoint Missing Module when activating a feature

In the last weeks we resolved an error, which might be interesting for others as well. We got this Error message, that there was an error for a file from a specific module and that the list was not available.

Fehlermeldung

It came up at several features, if we tried to activate them. It was always a list which were used by the publishing features. The publishing feature were not activated, but could not be activated using the UI.

Therefore we used stsadm, to resolve it.



stsadm -o deactivatefeature -id f6924d36-2fa8-4f0b-b16d-06b7250180fa -url "http://server/sites/sitecollection" -force

stsadm -o activatefeature -id f6924d36-2fa8-4f0b-b16d-06b7250180fa -url "http://server/sites/sitecollection" -force


After that it worked well again. We assume that it had to problems with the publishing features.

The article or information provided here represents completely my own personal view & thought. It is recommended to test the content or scripts of the site in the lab, before making use in the production environment & use it completely at your own risk. The articles, scripts, suggestions or tricks published on the site are provided AS-IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Karsten Pohnke About Karsten Pohnke
He is Consultant for SharePoint Solutions for collaboration, communication and business processes. He provides his customers applications based on standard features as well as development or combining the power of several microsoft tools like Dynamics CRM. In his free time he tries to collect tipps and worthy experience in this blog.

Submit comment

Allowed HTML tags: <a href="http://google.com">google</a> <strong>bold</strong> <em>emphasized</em> <code>code</code> <blockquote>
quote
</blockquote>

Please fill in the captcha: * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.