Microsoft officially and proudly announced the second Service Pack for Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 a few days ago.
Included in this Update are all cumulative Updates as well as public updates after SP 1. This Service Pack 2 should remove some bugs and should improve the security and performance. It also improves working with IE 10, Windows 8
Download it from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2460045/en-us
- Improved support for Internet Explorer 9.
- Recycle bin: Lets you restore a site collection or a web that was deleted.
- Remote Backup Systems (RBS) and shallow copy can decrease downtime and increase efficiency by moving pointers to databases instead of moving databases.
- You can see which folders are taking up valuable space with the improved Storage Management feature in site settings.
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- A more robust Search Host Distribution service that improves error recovery and performance during the search crawl.
- Adds backup and restore functionality to recover deleted site collections and webs.
On the page there is also an issue list which issues should be removed.
I didn’t installed it yet, so please do not install it on a production system before you didn’t test it on your dev and staging system.
..:: I LIKE SHAREPOINT ::..The article or information provided here represents completely my own personal view & thought. It is recommended to test the content or scripts of the site in the lab, before making use in the production environment & use it completely at your own risk. The articles, scripts, suggestions or tricks published on the site are provided AS-IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.