Microsoft announced that its hub for teamwork with chat, meetings, calling, files and apps is a free service now for up to 300 people. Read it here. Beside that Microsoft Teams is a good starting point for collaboration on small groups. It also is available via smartphone apps and tablets, as well as via desktop app or browser. So you can work anywhere, anytime on any device.
What’s in the free version?
- 10GB of team file storage
- per person 2GB storage additional
- Office Online Apps
- External and internal Communication
- unlimited chat messages and search
- audio- und video calling for individuals, groups und team meetups.
- create live and on-demand events with speaker timeline, speech-2-text transciption, transcript search and captions
- workplace analytics
- shared digital canvas with Microsoft Whiteboard
Lots of more features will come, i am sure. But there is also a big part with apps for business logic which can be integrated into the flow of Teams and of course things like forms, PowerApps and Flow.
My favorite is the normal collaboration but pretty cool that it is all-in-one with chat, files, meetings – really great!